Queen Bea Scraps - Come Stamp With Me! Headline Animator

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Reflections of another year gone by...

Happy 2010 New Years!

Today is the last day of 2009 (December 31) and the last day of yet another decade.
I sit here and try to think about where all the time has gone, but my thoughts elude me and it drifts back to what tomorrow brings. I believe that is why yesterday seems to have never of happened because we are so focused on what will happen next. We get so wrapped up in time, or the lack thereof; leaving us with the empty feeling that it never happened, or that it happened so long ago. There seems to be this space in between now and yesterday that just seems like centuries ago when in fact it was not that long ago at all.
Time is something that is nothing because it does something but we cannot see it, touch it or feel it. Then all of a sudden we are aware of it. We realize that it happened and we missed it. We realize that it’s here and we have to get a hold of it because it slips through our life like a satin ribbon floating through the air lifted and hurried away.

Today, I want to reflect on the fact that I am here and I have been here for some time now. I have some time left but not really much time. I want to know that the time I do have left is well spent with friends and loved ones alike. I want time to pass through me knowing that I have left some of the good in me in it and that those that have gone through it with me will also get the sense that time is good and time is oh so precious and should not be wasted or killed.
If there is one thing I can leave on your mind today, let it be known that TIME is on your side and in TIME God will reign once again and return for His own.  

Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses. I urge you in the sight of God who gives life to all things, and before Christ Jesus who witnessed the good confession before Pontius Pilate, that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ’s appearing, which He will manifest in His own time, He who is the blessed and only Potentate, the king of kings and Lord of lords
I Timothy 6:12

No comments: