Queen Bea Scraps - Come Stamp With Me! Headline Animator

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Chevron Craze (or Crazy)

Wow! Where does the time go? I can't believe that we are almost in the middle of July and Convention is right around the corner. I'm pretty excited to go and see my Stampin' Up! Demo friends again and of course see all the new and exciting new Stmapin' Up! products.

When I started making my Stampin' Up! Convention cards, I got a little sidetracked and started making Chevron cards. LOL
I don't know why this happens but it does. Maybe I have a little ADD or ADHD because I always seem to get off course and then when time is an issue, I am on course all the way to the end.

Anyway, on one of my side trips, I decided to make a few Chevron cards and this is what I came up with:

I made all these cards with some type of Chevron pattern or stamp on them.

This one is made with different tones of blue-green card stock to give it a gradient look. I started off with the new color, Soft Sky, then Pull Party, Coastal Cabana (2013-2014 In Color), Bermuda Bay (2013-2014 color) and Island Indigo. Then I used the new Cycle Celebration stamp set and added a little bit of the new Island Indigo 3/4" Chevron ribbon.

This one is a double technique. In that, I mean that the background of the poppies is a custom technique where I used some re-inkers with a toothbrush and sprinkled it on as the background then I used the Pleasant Poppies stamp set along with the So Sorry and Papaya Collage stamp sets. I colored the Chevron embossing folder with Daffodil Delight using a brayer and then embossed the card base.

On this card, I used the Bargello technique. I used the new 2013-2014 In Color, Strawberry Slush and Blushing Bride. The flower is Summer Starfruit (2012-2013 In Color). I tore out a few circles starting with a large circle and graduating down to the smallest one and layered them with Stampin' Dimensionals and topped it off with a 2012-2013 In Color Primrose Petals Dahlia and added a sentiment from the new Remembering Your Birthday stamp set.

I had so much fun with this one. I used Basic Gray card stock along with Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight and Strawberry Slush. This was a pretty easy technique and fun to make. I used the new Deco Labels Collections Framelits and Feel Goods stamp set. Notice that I put all four colors from the card framing the sentiment. Fun!

Although this doesn't have a lot of Chevron pattern in it, it is there. I used Basic Gray and Strawberry Slush (2013-2014 In Color) for the chevron technique. I used the cute Tea Lace Paper Doilies in back of the Basic Gray then created a lattice on top of that and made a circle frame. Topped it off with butterflies and a sentiment from the Fabulous Phrases stamp set. I also used the Viola's Lace with Illuminate ink on Basic Black card stock

And last but not least. I cut out points from a square punch from Island Indigo, Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz and Wild Wasabi card stock. I used the From My Heart stamp set and the Window Frames Collection framelits and added a little 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon in Wild Wasabi

So that it, all my sidetrack cards. I hope you like them  and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Happy Stamping!

No comments: