Queen Bea Scraps - Come Stamp With Me! Headline Animator

Friday, June 28, 2013

Scraps, Scraps and more Scraps

Hello there,
I have been in a monthly card challenge with a online group and this month's challenge is to make a card using scraps that you have in your stash.
Well, I didn't have to look very hard or long for scraps because I, after all, am the queen of scraps. :D
I could make about a year's worth of cards just using my scraps, but lucky for me, I just don't have that kind of time.
So for June's challenge card (or in my case, cards) here is what I came up with:

I used the Dress Up Framelits from Stampin' Up! I love this die and just cannot get enough of it. This however is a scrap of the Dress Up framelit I had cut out for another project. This is the negative so I just used the scrap Watercolor Paper I had used to make a custom background on yet another card. I tore the paper and layered it behind the negative so it looks like the dress has ruffles. I know it's a little hard to see in the dress but you can see the paper better where I used it for the setiment.

This is my second card using scraps. I used strips from the Brights Designer Series paper pack. the sentiment is stamped on vellum and then I used another negative I had in my folder. The butterfly is an piece of scrap with an origami fold and the body of the butterfly is a strip from a magazine turned into a bead. This one was pretty fun.

OK, so this is my last one I was able to make. I used scrap paper from the Summer Smooches DSP. I love that paper and I'm so sad it's now retired.
So I kind of whipped this one up right now before posting. The base of the card is 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" then I put a 3 1/2" square (which was also in the scrap pile) that opens up on a diagonal. I had the scallop circle so I put that inside and the Labels Collections framelits were in my scraps folders also, so I thought I would put them on the top of the diagonal and have them interlock to close. This one was pretty fun to make too and really didn't take very long to make.

I guess I shouldn't buy any more card stock or Designer Series Paper and see how long it takes before I run out of scraps. 

NOT!!

Well, I hope you enjoyed looking at my scrap cards for the Flybabies group. I hope they like them too. 
So why don't you leave me a comment or two to let me know what you think about my cards, or not. LOL

Happy Stamping folk
Please come back soon because I am going to be posting some cards I've been making the past few days.


1 comment:

kramomma said...

Now I know a useful layout for using more of my scraps!

You do scraps well.