Queen Bea Scraps - Come Stamp With Me! Headline Animator

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Challenge 190



Challenge 190 - One Layer with a WOW 

 


This week LNSChallenge  is getting Back to the Basics! So we have been asked to create a ONE layer card with a WOW factor on it. The card must have a technique that gives my card that extra something because it only has ONE layer.

 

Well, I took on this challenge even though I knew it would be hard because I am so use to creating cards with multiple layers and with a technique and also have a WOW to it. So I knew this one was going to push me outside my creative comfort zone, but I was up for it.

Here it is ...



  Here is how I created my challenge 190 ONE layer with a WOW card.

First I created my own personal one of a kind background. I wasn't sure what I was doing but I took my lead from Lisa Tedder from TwosdayTechniques.com 

I started off with putting some ink on a smooth flat surface with sponges, then I sprayed some Smooch on the surface and I think I added a spray of water. 

I put the Pool Party card stock on the ink and smooched it around. I picked it up and put it back on the ink until I got the look I wanted. Then I sprayed some gold smooch on it and dried it with my heat tool. 

I stamped the image from First Christmas with Black Embossing powder. I used the Festive Paper Piercing pack to poke holes around the sentiment.

I made the rays by using a piece of card stock and a sponge dauber and Crumb Cake ink.

 

Well I hope you like my card and I hope I met the criteria for the Challenge 190

 

Keep Calm and Stamp ON!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This card is as awesome as you are! I love it!
You need to put an 's' at the end of Twosday(s)techniques. Thank you for getting the word out about my site!
How would you like to do a video with this technique? I have done sun rays before, but this card is too cool to pass up!
I am trying to save $ for Convention next year and I don't have this set.
Please??!!!

Lisa Tedder
twosdaystechniques.com

Chriserendipity said...

WOW!!! This is a totally amazing effect...and just perfect for the content of this card, Queen Bea! Thank you for sharing.

I was in your "All Set Swap" and got turned on to your blog from your email...thanks for sending it! :)

Chris in Calgary, AB