Queen Bea Scraps - Come Stamp With Me! Headline Animator

Monday, June 27, 2011

Graduation/Birthday Card

Hello Stampers,
Just wanted to share with you the very special Graduation/Birthday combo card I made for my cousin. He has a co-worker who will be graduating from college next month on her 50th birthday. Well, since you cannot go into a card store and find a card to suit this special occasion, he asked me to make him one. It took me two days to make this card but I think it was so worth it.

So, here it is, let me know what you think...
This is the front of the card. The cap and gown lifts up and the sentiments opens to the right to reveal what is underneath.
I added a piece of DSP with music notes to indicate the 'Happy Birthday' song. I also cut out the 5 and 0 for her age. In addition, I located the CSULB logo and printed it on card stock and applied it to the front.
This card offers more when you open the gate fold...
I ran the base card stock through my printer prior to embellishing it to print the sentiments on the right and left sides of the card congratulating her on her graduation. In the center is a birthday card.

This is what the inside of the birthday card looks like. I usually like to make my birthday cards with more cheerful colors, but I wanted to stay with the colors of the graduation card so I uses Very Vanilla, Basic Black and Basic Gray.

Well, there it is, two days worth of work. I really hope my cousin and his friend likes this card.

No comments: